SEGRO is a leading owner, asset manager and developer of modern big box and urban warehousing. Our purpose is to create the space that enables extraordinary things to happen. SEGRO’s strategy of securing the right assets in the right places has enabled us to develop warehouses that play a crucial role in the operations of our customers. Our big box warehouses are located on Europe’s major transport corridors, from which goods are distributed regionally, nationally and internationally. Our urban warehouses are located in and around Europe’s major cities, allowing quick access to customers, and include workshops, laboratories, data centres, showrooms and distribution facilities, among a wide variety of other uses. SEGRO is the only listed company to offer this combination and scale of big box and urban warehouses on a pan-European basis. We have a strong pipeline of new space under construction capable of driving growth for the coming years.
SEGRO at a glance:
The Project Manager play a pivotal role in ensuring our development projects, both speculative and pre-let, are brought to the market on time, in budget and to the correct quality and specification. They keep their Technical and Development colleagues updated on key deadlines / potential risks - proactively finding creative solutions to problems or potential delays.
As part of the Technical team, for pre-let projects, they work alongside the development team, supporting delivery every step of the way. They coordinate project delivery via the close management of (the external Site Project Manager and) the extended team of consultants.
As real team players they also support the local team in the coordination of projects for customer fit outs / refurbishments. With responsibility for ensuring the budget balances they provide technical advice for any electrical, mechanical and construction problems. They also need to keep close to their Property colleagues to mange any maintenance work on our buildings, keeping a tight control of costs.
Another important role of the Project Managers in SEGRO is to support Investment colleagues in process of the buying or selling. With responsibility for ensuring the due diligence process both technical and environmental they provide their advice for whole problem appear during the transactions.
Whether working on pre-lets or speculative developments, our Project Managers must be able to coordinate a whole range of issues simultaneously. They thrive in a busy environment, where they will need to manage several projects at once. With a calm approach and a clear communication style, they need to build strong relationships with third party contractors to ensure every step in the process is smoothly and seamlessly delivered.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE’S MAIN PURPOSE:
- To provide project management services and support to our Technical and Development team on both speculative and pre-let developments.
- To support Investments team on both technical and environmental due diligence.
- To deliver new property assets on time, in budget and within specification for SEGRO.
- To manage design teams, general contractor and sub-contractor to deliver estimated costs for SEGRO lease proposals.
- To support the local team in the coordination of projects for customer outfitting / refurbishments - providing technical support for electrical, mechanical and construction problems and managing the budget.
- To manage and motivate third parties to deliver the projects – proactively managing risks and solving problems.
- To assist the Head of Netherlands and Development Managers with the preparation of project briefs.
- To identify and prioritise overall project objectives for the Development team.
- To assist Development Managers with viability cost projections for projects.
- To assist the Head of Netherlands with preparation of project appraisals and board papers.
- To prepare comprehensive outline project programmes for inclusion in appraisals and board papers.
- To work as a team with colleagues in Property updating them on maintenance issues / budgets in their portfolio.
- To project manage the delivery of new, high quality property on time, within specification and in budget for both pre-let and speculative developments.
- To support the local team in the coordination of projects for customer outfitting / refurbishments - providing technical support for electrical, mechanical and construction \ problems and managing the budget.
- To protect business from adverse risk (cost uncertainties / project delays / specification changes / unforeseen problems) by obtaining regular progress updates for the Head of Netherlands.
- To set up and manage the change order procedure, ensuring “Tenants Variation orders” or “Landlords Variation orders” are completed to update the design and construction team (and ensure an audit trail is kept of any specification changes).
- To conclude all issues in Agreement to Lease in a timely manner (warrantees, test certificates, sustainability certification, Operations & Maintenance manuals, etc).
Selection and management of Third parties:
- To prepare scope documents for the tender process.
- To support Development Managers with the selection of the right team for the project, assisting with the interviewing and negotiating process with preferred design and build contractors.
- To manage and motivate a team of consultants and contractors through the project with fine attention to detail - ensuring the brief is maintained and all KPI’s are delivered.
- To regularly communicate with the team (external Project Manager, Electrical and Mechanical building inspectors, H&S Manager) to check progress, answer queries and resolve problems.
- To diplomatically influence customers on requests to change specifications (informing them of the implications and offering advice / support).
- To act as the first point of contact for technical defect or snagging queries.
- To provide technical and photographic updates for customers on project progress.
- To advise customers on ‘Early Access’ requests, working through a compromise solution (where possible) whilst also ensuring the overall project is not compromised.
- Degree / professional engineering / construction related qualification
- Experience of installation (mechanical and electrical engineering) and construction.
- Experience of new developments (pre-lets or speculative developments)
- Experience of various types of estimates; from conceptual estimates, for early conceptual studies and design/build work, to detailed estimates for projects of various cost magnitude. Skilled in the management and motivation of third parties.
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of cost reporting and budget processes.
- Experience of Construction regulations and Health & Safety responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience of project planning phases, project management, project design, specification and building construction techniques
- Experience of design & build contracts and procurement methods.
- Networking and Influencing
- Team working
- Leading & Developing People
- Results Focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Embracing Change
A challenging position within a small team as part of a fast-growing international organization with a professional but informal atmosphere.
If you are interested in this position please send your application to Theo Hoogendoorn, firstname.lastname@example.org and for questions you can contact him on this number +31(0)6–2707482 or leave your cv and motivation via the button 'Solliciteer'.