Delin Capital Asset Management (Delin) is a leading real estate company specializing in European logistics. Delin owns and manages properties located in the UK, Benelux and Spain and continue to grow our portfolio through acquisition and development. We believe in the future of logistics and that E-commerce will drive growing demand for logistics space. Delin has offices in London (UK), Rotterdam (NL) and Madrid(S).
With the development business expanding rapidly Delin is looking for a talented development manager who can strengthen the team in the Netherlands.
The development manager will be responsible for the management of multiple logistics real estate development projects in parallel. The projects run from initial client inquiry until completion including sites investigation, permits application and follow-up, contract negotiations with clients, contractors and other third parties and project supervision during construction.
- Interaction with clients through participation in introductory meetings and provide support by means of project investment / cost estimates used during the commercial process;
- Setting and reviewing development budgets and manage the planning process;
- Manage land plot acquisitions (legal, political, technical and environmental), investigate the suitability of the plot for a project, zoning plan assessment, soil investigation;
- Prepare / coordinate the preparation of the required permit application files including the negotiations with the authorities;
- Developing conceptual designs in consultation with international client teams;
- Lead the design team with focus on quality, budget, sustainability, innovation and wellbeing;
- Form effective working relationships with contractors, architects and other third parties to ensure timely and superior completion of all projects and deliverables;
- Preparation of all professional bid documents (specifications, timeline, options). This will also involve meetings with senior client teams and advising these clients on the most suited solution for their project;
- Manage the negotiation process with build-to-suit clients to come to a signed development agreement;
- Tendering of contractors followed by the contract negotiation taken into account back-to-back liabilities with the lease/development agreement;
- Project monitoring during execution phase to ensure costs control, risk reduction, quality, timing and customer satisfaction. Each project will be managed by a dedicated project manager and the role will also involve direct management of (external) project managers;
- Technical support to the asset management team;
- Reporting to European Development director and Managing Director Benelux on the above.
- A Master’s degree, preferably in industrial, civil or building/architectural engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience in construction / developing projects, preferably warehouse Facilities. International experience is an asset;
- Experience of negotiating real estate development agreements and construction contracts;
- Up to date knowledge of construction costs and the construction market in the Netherlands;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Consulting and project management skills
- Good knowledge of the regulations, market requirements and market trends of logistics real-estate in the Netherlands;
- Combine technical expertise and strong project management skills, ability to coordinate several projects in parallel;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Success and results-oriented;
- Focus on financial results, risk mitigation, quality, organization and planning.
If you are interested in this position, please sent your application to Robbert Jan Meerman (firstname.lastname@example.org) and for questions you can contact him on this number +31(0)6–43038330.
Solid Recruitment is an international recruitment agency which offers unique career opportunities in the real estate sector. We are recruiting exclusively for this position at Delin Capital Asset Management.