On behalf of the Dutch office of an international real estate development & investment company we are currently recruiting for a Technical Development Manager Logistic Real Estate.
In this position you are responsible for the management of various future warehouse development projects from initial customer inquiry until completion and hand-over, including sites investigations and due diligence, contract negotiations with customers, contractors and suppliers, permits application and follow-up, construction site deployment and progress coordination.
- Land investigation (greenfield/brownfield) / due diligence process (technical and environmental), suitability of the plot for the project, zoning compatibility, infrastructure works, utilities, etc.
- Preparation of all technical documentation (specifications, design and build timeline, options) and cost estimates to be used during the commercial process. This will also involve meetings with senior customers and advising these customers on the most suited technical solution for their project.
- Supervise preparation of all licenses / permits application files necessary to develop the project, negotiate with local authorities, follow and support examination period, react to authorities requests.
- Contractor’s tendering and contracts negotiation of development projects back-to-back with commitments and liability raised from the lease / sales agreement.
- Project’s monitoring and coordination of experts / suppliers during execution phase to ensure costs control, risk reduction, quality, timing and ultimately customer’s satisfaction.
- Close collaboration and internal coordination of projects with all departments (business development, legal, transactions…) involved.
- Technical support to the transaction and asset management teams where required.
- The Technical Development Manager must seek to establish a good working relationship with Senior Management, international colleagues and external contacts.
- Being able to build up a relationship and negotiate with people from different sectors and on different levels from operational to CEO level (logistics managers, real-estate managers, contractors, project managers, consultants, experts).
- Excellent fit in an international and multicultural environment.
- Holding a Master degree as civil or industrial engineer (construction) or equivalent based on experience.
- Demonstrated experience of at least three years in managing construction project developments - international experience is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the regulations in the Netherlands, market requirements and market trends regarding (industrial) real-estate.
- Combine technical expertise and strong project management skills, ability to coordinate and work on several projects simultaneously.
- Self-propelled entrepreneur and deal-maker with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Highly success and results-oriented.
- Strongly developed sense of responsibility, feeling for financial results, risk management, quality, anticipation, organization and planning.
- Fluency in English and Dutch.
- Skilled in using MS office applications.
- Further the ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
o Team player but also able to work independently
o Driven and can-do mentality
o Positive attitude
o Eye for detail
o Pro-active thinking, hands-on, able to prioritize
o Initiative taking, goes beyond what is expected
o Good communicator
Solid Recruitment is exclusively recruiting for this vacant position. If you are interested you can sent your application to Jaron Bollegraaf (firstname.lastname@example.org) and for questions you can contact Jaron on this number +31(0)6 - 43038333.